Friday, March 23, 2007

Gearing up...

...for the move? No. Not yet. Not until everything is squared away. I don't want to jinx it (how very scientific of me, I know).

So what am I gearing up for???? My birthday. Yep, already. 30f a.k.a twenty-sixteen (credit to RSG) is coming up just before Tax day! (yes, I filed early... I have spent my B-day doing taxes just once... that is all it took)

Why so soon? Because Sara got us tickets for 'That '80's show' performance by the Seattle (Gay) Men's Chorus!!! You must at least read the description...

Boy George. George Michael. Michael Stipe. Madonna. Cyndi Lauper. What says "Let's dance!" more than the decade that began the first wave of out-and-proud pop performers? From edgy lyrics and synthetic beats to iconic music video and films like Footloose and Flashdance, the men take on the era that dares ask the question, "Do you wanna funk?"
I wanna funk! I can hardly wait! And we are going to dinner at Tilth (thanks M & F for the X-mas gift certificate) before the show, which I have been anxious to try! It is going to be great! We will be there for the Saturday 8pm show.... I am sure there are tickets still....

We actually have a few fun things coming up next week, which will be nice for not thinking about the condo chaos.

Monday we will be going to Science on Tap... A science event for the public, no prior science experience necessary. Its at a pub. There are quite of few of these events catching on nationwide. This one is about nanotechnology...so I am sure we will have plenty of questions for Sara's nantotech. cousin Drs. after we learn everything there is to know over a pint.

And one of my new Seattle friends is performing (she also does taxes and accounting) at the Moisture Festival! I am definitely looking forward to finding out what the Moisture festival is all about...

No comments: