Sunday, September 30, 2007

For Grandma....

We just got back from Grandma's house a few hours ago and the following conversation just took place....


Sara: Hey Jen?

Jen: Yeah?

Sara: Your grandma makes me feel good about growing old.

(I pause to contemplate this)

Jen: yeah, she does for me too.


My grandma is an inspiration to me (and others) and I didn't even know it until right now. She loves to laugh, she is sharp as a tack, gets a kick out a dirty joke and a white lie. Tries new things, remembers old things, cries when I leave, and laughs about it at the same time.
I have had the privilege of knowing my great grandparents, all my grandparents, my step-grandparents, my great aunts and uncles, elder friends and distant relatives. But this post is for Grandma and to all the memories I have of laughing with her.


No comments: