Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Not enough towels...

I spent the weekend with Grandma. We (read: I) brought up all the X-mas decorations up from the basement and distributed them appropriately and thoroughly around the house. Every pictures comes down and a wreaths (all labeled from previous years) go up in their places. There is a Santas section, Snowman section, two Creche areas, Mr. and Mrs Claus (Grandma claims they spend the entire year being naughty in the closet...i can relate to that), garlands, poinsettias and candles. Above is a PORTION of what we started with...it was a lot of trips up and down those steep stairs. And below is what we end up with!

She loves it.

She just sits and looks at the tree from her favorite chair and you can tell she is remembering where all the ornaments came from...

She usually has the decorating done by the week after Turkey day. With Juanita's passing, her heart wasn't up for this undertaking solo..and that is what a sassy perfect grandchild is for...helping.

We had Holiday music, did some shopping and I took her out to Red Lobster!

I am golden!
I have to be sure to brag about it to my mom.

Oh, Grandma is extremely clean. Even the door mat has a towel over it so it won't get dirty (and towels are easier to clean than door mats). And recently she has decided I don't use enough towels when showering to get clean. I need to remember to dirty more towels my next visit.

2 comments:

Syd said...

Oh, that is just precious. You ARE GOLDEN. (and you MUST tell your MOM)

As for getting sucked into decorating, I'm laughing with you...not AT you. (mostly)

Jen said...

At the time, I needed someone to laugh FOR me...