Friday, December 21, 2007

Plans Plans Plans

My Holiday boycott didn't work out...I just erased a big long monologue about it....suffice it to say, I am looking forward to seeing my sisters and their underlings.

My reminder:
As I walk through the festivities of the hellidays, give me the strength not to snap at my family, give me the courage to go for a walk when needed and give me the wisdom to enjoy the little moments of warmth that will surely arise.

Then afterwards, dear friends, Sara and I are headed to 'the cabin' for a week (A WEEK!) of nothing! No computers, no phones, no clocks, no watches...just wood to chop, cooking to do, a fire to keep burning and maybe I will clean out the gutters. I will be catching up on back issues of the New Yorker, and we have some movies to watch. Some hiking, snow-shoeing, a little shopping and visiting with friends, but mostly nothing, just eating, sleeping, reading, and relaxing together. Ha Ha! I cannot wait! I have big cooking plans and big other plans! Lots of pictures will be posted upon our return....

Last time we went in winter I got both legs stuck (up to my crotch) in the partially frozen (usually completely frozen) river bank. Sara said it looked like I had been in a horrible accident and all of a sudden my legs were gone. My boots were laced so there was no slipping out of them. To get out I had to do a pretty hilarious walrus-like rocking thing and heft my body on the the squooshy bank and roll to safety. And, man! Did I stink afterwards... like river bottom!
But nothing is too bad when you come back to this! See you in the new year!


No comments: