Thursday, February 28, 2008

An artist in the family...

My step-mother is an artist. (For clarification, by 'step-mom' I mean parent who has raised me for 27 of my 37 years and I love as much as those who gave my genetics.) She does amazing collages that end up looking like photos. One of my favorites is called "Putting the Bears to Sleep". Its an collage that reminds me of the drive that we took so many times as a kid through the snow.

I have a link to her site on the sidebar, but she has a new gallery, and a new series from the folks' recent trip to Italy that is amazing. So I wanted to show off a new piece of my Murry's here the 'Fun Girls' site and encourage you to take a tour of the other arty offerings on her site and at the gallery. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Meaner Dog said...

I had seen her work previously as I had followed the friends and family link on your blog. I have never seen anything like it before. You would think it would be much larger as I can't imagine making a collage so detailed on such a small surface. She is truly amazing.

Jen said...

Larger would certainly be easier too, its tiny little finger nail clipping sized pieces of paper that she applies with some glue and the edge of her finger! I guess that kind of patience can only be gained from raising 5 kids in two batches in a blended family!

weese said...

wow...very cool.
i am forwarding this link onto my artistic wife..and our daughter who is also an artist. she tends to do alot of collage as well as sculture.

sageweb said...

Oh my goodness...who has the patience to do that? That is beautiful.

Lachlan said...

Lovely work indeed!