Thursday, February 14, 2008

Get your Tums Ready, cute overload ahead...

When I was 4 years old in kindergarten, the bad kid Adam jumped out of the loft instead of using the ladder. This was forbidden. So I, not wanting to be outdone, followed suit. I fell back when I landed, the momentum from my fall resulted in breaking my right arm. I don't remember crying. I do remember being in trouble for not speaking up to tell them (the teachers) what was wrong, I do remember being a little trouble for not letting them touch or move my arm (noncompliant was the term). As a result I had to sit in a chair where they could keep an eye on me until my folks arrived. I didn't get snack and, more importantly, I didn't get to make egg carton caterpillars with pipe cleaner (that is what "chenille wands" were called back then) antenna. I even told the teachers that I could do the craft with just one arm...but was told if I wouldn't let them look at my arm, then I needed to just sit in that chair. I do remember thinking that this was the best craft time project we had ever gotten to do and I was missing it.

Ok. Fast forward 33 years. For Valentines Day this year, Sara got me some fantastic earrings, fun new chocolate, a kick-A pencil sharpener, Movie Tickets (this just happens to be what I got her as well), an incredibly sentimental written record of the times before we dated when she silently pined for me (this made me cry...not that its hard to make me cry, but I cried so much I started laughing because it was a little silly to cry so much) AND (yes- there is more) EVERYTHING NEEDED TO MAKE EGG CARTON CATERPILLERS....INCLUDING PIPE CLEANERS (which now come in cool colors)!

Here are the fruits of our fruity hands, Sara's is the "simple" looking one on the left...

I think they like each other....
The post creation carnage....
Sara feeding them some peanuts.







Ok, That is all of the day that I am willing to share...you can stop rolling your eyes at our cuteness...you were all adequately warned.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Syd said...

OMG, she is so thoughtful.

I'll make fun of you another time.

Lachlan said...

Absolutely freaking ADORABLE.

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!