Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super (Bowl) Sunday

Finally blogging about Super bowl Party. True to form, we over-extended ourselves and filled the Condo-dome to max capacity. My normally cozy, tasteful living room arrangement had to be taken apart and pieced back together in order to accommadate all the guests we invited...I even bought a new settee (loveseat, double chair ?) and reupholstered it for the occasion. It turned out cute.

Sara is a football fan. I am a fan of watching football for the socializing and snacks that come with it. For this reason, Sara feels its necessary to play stats games during football so that people actually pay attention to the game and I don't turn football watching into a stich 'n' bitch. For the Super bowl, I came up with Football Bingo and Commercial Bingo. I found a great free "make bingo cards with these words site". Looking up the list of companies that had bought ad spots was easy...however, not having paid much attention to football this season, I had more trouble coming up with actual football terms. "3rd down conversion" was something I had never heard of... sure, I know they do something like that if its the 4th down and everyone talks about it, but 3rd down? What does that mean? And "Touchback"? Is this congratualtory? Understanding ended up not being important, because Bingo went swimmingly. People that actually know football were there. And because of Bingo people actually interacted while paying attention to the game. The best of both worlds.

And of course because Sara shares my mad party planning skills, we had prizes! Band aids with pictures of Tatoos, a 'Pull my finger' fart pen, Wee Wee Weepy peeing boy, gummy tape worm (this was my favorite!) and the Grand Prize - Avenging Unicorn. Sara has been needing to find a purpose for Avenging Unicorn ever since she laid eyes on it. And it could not have had more noble a fate than Superbowl Sunday Grand Prize!

I invited blogger friends Lachlan and Bayou, who added considerable fun to the party. Blogger Amanda has been regular at CNMF and blogged about her Super bowl spoils, as did Bingo winner Lachlan. It seems my reputation as a blog stalker is turning out ok so far!

It was fun, really fun! We met new people (which goes against my daily goal of trying not to talk to anyone I don't know), we reconnected with some recently relocated friends and basked in the glow of the faithful companionship of the Church of the Monday Night Football congregation. All the pics are posted here....most are of the house. Which had completely returned to normal, with no sign of a party by our bedtime...9:30pm.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

by 9:30?!? You amaze me. I might have to hire you for something, you work faster than the Amish.

Jen said...

We are a well oiled party throwin' machine!

Lachlan said...

Holy crap Amanda, that made me laugh.

Seriously Jen, that was a sweet soiree and we had SUCH a good time meeting up with you ladies. It was a much-needed injection of fun. So thank you!

weese said...

yay pics...
love the David.
We have David, he lives on our patio.

Jen said...

Lach, the pleasure was ours, we look forward to the next time!

Weese - Our beloved bust has come a long way! David was a wedding gift to Sara parents with the note "heres how to get a'head' in life"! Sara grew up picking his nose and kissing him in the basement. His job now is to watch over her as she practices piano.

Syd said...

Well oiled? [giggle]

Jen said...

yep ;)

Lachlan said...

Don't be nasty, Syd.

Wait. Too late! As usual. ;)