Monday, March 24, 2008

Birthday gift for Sara

Don't get excited, her birthday was October.

But I just got around to giving her one of her gifts. I 'gave' her one week of cooking. I planned to cook all week (and shop for the week and clean up), cook her favorites and new things she picked out....That is what I intended.

This is how it ended up working...

Sunday - We went out. We ate hot dogs as a donation at TOJ during the L-word viewing.

Monday - Sara was gone, but I cooked anyway (a new outstanding Tamale pie recipe that I picked out from one of her cookbooks...so it was sort of like she picked it). That recipe feeds 12. For those of you who don't know, in our house there are 2.

Tuesday - We ate Happy Hour dinner at the Red Door. It was a day that needed a happy hour.

Wednesday - We had leftovers.

Thursday - I cooked a new recipe that I picked out (from Sara's cookbook...so close enough) It was also fantastic, probably because it was mostly coconut milk. Red coconut curry with prawns and halibut over Basmati rice with broiled broccoli (which Sara hates...oops) and a Caesar Salad (her favorite...whew). We had company too...DH from Corvallis was up our way and graced us with a delightful visit. I made Mango sticky rice for dessert. Heaven. Good food, good company.

Friday - Sara's folks were in town and took her out which was good because I had headed over the mountains to Grandmas (she hurt her knee, may have to have surgery but is doing really well with PT and ice and staying off it and being careful and all the other things I nagged her about)

Saturday - I was still gone, Sara was gone to her Grammy's too.

WEEK OVER! Gift execution completed! I am a terrific girlfriend!

sort of...

...I know what you all are thinking...I couldn't have planned it better to get off so easily. Honestly, we had WAITED until we would home for an entire week and not entertaining more than one or two nights....I thought we had it.

I guess I should at least let her pick something out or try to make one of her favs this week....but I might be too busy.....

3 comments:

Syd said...

Well, I didn't spot any Lean Cuisine meals, like I'm probably serving tonight. So, I think you did just fine.

sageweb said...

Wow that is total commitment...I might have made it one night. And I would have done it Syd's way with a lean cuisine. Hey is the Red door any thing like the pink door in Seattle?...I love that place. Oh I guess I could use the link.

Jen said...

Hmm...frozen dinners..you both may have something there....