Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bottling the beer...

Last night we finally got around to bottling the beer we have had settling in the garage for a month, a Red and a Lager. Sara taught me that one rule of beer making, is that you have to drink beer while you make beer. So we finished up the last of the Mocha Porter while we bottled. We had a beautiful array of beer , Porter, Red and Lager.

The whole bottling process takes about 1.25 to 1.5 hours Sara Time (= ~3 hours Jen time, because she doesn't include prep or clean up). My job is to clean the bottles and put them on the bottle drying rack, and boil the sugar that wil carbonate the beer, while Sara sterilizes everything.

Once everything is clean, transfered, added to the brew, I put the beer into the bottles with the fancy bottling wand and Sara caps them.

So we are stocked up and ready to go for whatever fun activity requiring beer is next up on our dance cards.

Photos of the (near) play by play are posted here.

8 comments:

eb said...

Very cool. I want some.

roro said...

I can't believe you two make your own beer! It looks marvellous. I didn't even know one *could* make one's own beer! I so can't tell my wife about this...

Jen said...

yes, ladies... Sara is quite the brewmaster. I am lucky to be her alewife!

sageweb said...

Oh Me me me I want some. I am awful thirsty. That looks so amazing. I have a hard time making my cereal tho.

Syd said...

Damn! I feel like an amateur around here. Props to you guys. Wish I knew how to do this.

Jen said...

Maybe we should host a lesbian summer camp...Brewing can be one of the crafts. Any other ideas for LSC?

chapin said...

I like beer and it looks great.

Jen said...

chapin - thanks for dropping by! The beer tastes as good as it looks!