Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patricks Day

For Sageweb, Syd and anyone else who has never found a four leaf clover...

and to satisfy the nerd in me. Shamrocks (common three leaf variety) are the traditional symbol. Each leaf represent part of the holy Trinity...It was a natural symbol used to aid in converting Pagens to christianity. Another tool of the conversion is the circle combined with the cross, Pagens were sun worshipers and the circle added to the cross helped make more "natural" for them to worship this new symbol.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

sageweb said...

Okay, you got me...so did you get lucky once you found it?

Sharon said...

Doh! I have never found one of those even though I used to spend hours searching for them.

Miss A's mother comes over and finds them in our yard all the friggin' time. It fries me.

Syd said...

I'm calling BULLSHIT.

Jen said...

Sageweb - I am always 'lucky'!

Sharon - I distinctly remember my mom offering me a nickel if I found one....it took me 8 years, but after the first one, I never stopped. (I never got that nickel either)

Syd - You're just afraid I am THAT lucky!!!

(and yes, I did try to trick my mom when I was four by squeezing two two-leaf tightly together...every one I found after that has been the real McCoy)

eb said...

See what Catholic crap you learn when you go and visit Ireland? I enjoyed your trip posts, btw.

(I can say this because I used to be Irish Catholic...still Irish...lapsed Catholic. I'm part of the club, yo.)

Jen said...

eb - it was a great trip...one we plan to do again!