Monday, March 17, 2008

Weekend of Indulgence

Monica (aka Momica) came to visit this weekend...which usually means shopping, pedi/mani, and eating out! Unfortunately I didn't get around to scheduling our spa time early enough so we didn't get our usual simultaneous pedicure/manicure time. But we did get some serious shopping done AND ate at fabulous restaurants all weekend. Since I love food, I will relive the best moments here for y'all.

When she arrived Friday, we kept it causal and went over to Tutta Bella. Their Caesar salad is grand (the Parmesans shavings especially delightful), the Tutta Bella Ale (brewed especially for the restaurant) is flavorful, light, with a sweet smell but a slightly hoppy finish that goes well with the pizzas! We had #1 and #10 (#11 and #8 are also on my list of favorites) if you care to check out the menu! We ended with meal with the Tiramisu. I LOVE tiramisu. If it's one the menu at a restaurant, I want to try it....and this one is the best I have had, hands down! Its a must on the Jen's Seattle Food Tour List.

Saturday we shopped downtown and had lunch at Etta's. I have been to a couple of the other Tom Douglas restaurants, Dalia Lounge and Serious Pie, both of which were delightful! Sara had the special, which was this amazing smoked ham pork chop with corned beef hash on the side similar in texture to a baked polenta. Momica and I had the Eggs Benedict with crab and spinach (I don't eat those kind of eggs, so I get extra spinach) and we also had a very good bloody Mary with pickled asparagus spears. Yum YUm YUM!

Later, (much later since we were full) we walked over to Persimmon for an evening meal. Neither Momica nor Sara had ever had pate, and the special appetizer was an amazing duck pate that makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Sara had mushroom pasta, Momica had the pork tenderloin (best of any our meals) and I had the braised chicken. It was all delish! We finished it with a piece of cheesecake with a ginger crust. Wow.

It doesn't end there.

Sunday AM we had breakie at our favorite local breakfast spot, Blue Star. I won't go into details, I am getting full again just talking about all this good eating, but it was great! Then, after a few more hours of shopping, we ended the weekend on a sweet note and got cupcakes before we put Momica on the train.

It was an extremely indulgent weekend and I am ready for some home cookin' (Dutch oven Tamale pie on the docket for this evening) but it was worth every bite!

No comments: