Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Couples Meme

From Syd, from Sassyfemme... just becuse

1. How long have you been together? 3 & 1/2 years, one year of that long distance...yes, its still fresh and new. However, we were friends for 3 years before that...we knew what we were getting into...

2. Who pursued who? It was unknowingly mutual.

3. Do you wear any type of wedding/commitment ring? I wear a ring on my left hand, but it changes to match my other jewelry...so, no.

4. What was the hardest thing about learning to live together? I am still surprised at how easy she is to live with and she says the same about me. I guess we had to compromise on how many books we would have out on shelves.

5. Who takes longer to get ready in the morning? We are both ready in less than 30 minutes...but Sara usually takes longer because she can't find her stuff.

6. Do you usually eat breakfast together? On the weekends breakfast in bed with the Sunday paper is prized time.

7. Do you ever share clothes? Nope

8. Who does most of the cooking? I do more of the cooking, but not most. We both enjoy it, but I am queen of organization/meal planning.

9. Who usually takes out the trash? Sara because the garbage goes in the garage where her bike is kept. She takes it on her way out.

10. If you have pets, who usually does litter box or poop patrol? N/A

11. Which one of you is more likely to answer the phone when it rings? We each have our own phone, and we both screen.

12. Who’s in charge of the remote if you’re watching TV together? Neither of us tolerates TV well (too many commercials), and movies don't require much remote action.

13. Who usually drives when you go out together? Sara does, unless I want to drive.

14. Which one of you takes care of spiders and bugs that get into the house? Me. I have strict catch and release policy (that does not apply to ants and mosquitoes).

15. Facing the bed, who sleeps on which side? My half of the bed is the 2/3 on the right.

16. Who usually checks the (postal) mailbox? I do because the mailbox is on my way in.

17. If something breaks or goes wrong in the house, which one of you is more likely to either fix it or call someone to fix it? Minor plumbing, minor electrical, painting, tiling, flooring, things that involve gluing or tinkering, we mostly do those together. We haven't needed to call a professional yet. (We probably should have when we were changing out a thermostat and we managed to light the wall on fire...twice. We had the fire extinguisher ready the second time it burst into flames...because we are responsible! yes, that building is still standing and our local one stop shopping center will refund melted, charred thermostats...twice.)

18. Who is generally the neater of you? She organizes (closets, drawers...big things) I tidy (day to day neatness) but we are both generally neat and organized.

19. Who handles the checkbook/pays the bills? Sara updates and checks our accounts daily, I update and double check weekly.

20. What was your last fight/disagreement about? Having to go to a stinkin' work social function during an already overbooked week. It wasn't really a fight. It just involved a lot of venting and required empathy, because we both knew it had to be done.

21. When you slow dance together, who leads? We mostly dance like geeks. The times when we really slow danced, I don't know who was leading...so it must have been Sara.

22. What do you love the most about your other half? I could really gush, but it all just seems like words, and they don't come close to describing the joy it is to be her special friend.

1 comment:

sageweb said...

Oh that is so cute...I like that you have 2/3 of the right side of the bed.
Next time you have electrical work to be done wait till I come to town, I havent caught anything on fire ever!..
Anyspark, how did you two manage to do that? Impressive