Friday, April 04, 2008

Tired...but happy

This has been a tough week...long days of sitting at the computer trying to meet a looming deadline. I have been going in to work early and coming home late... 12 -13 hour days, but its nearing the end.

What I really want to say is how great Sara is... every night this week she has either come to pick me at work, cooked dinner, taken me out for dinner, or waited to eat so we could cook together.

We have seen each other for about 2 hours a day....but she has picked up the slack so I didn't have to spend those two hours catching up on chores. And those two hours? When all I have to do is talk about my worries, eat a meal, play a game of cribbage and just chat for a while....well, it just makes anything ok. It's even fun. Its the love I have been waiting for.
And here is a picture of pizza. We made it last weekend...it was really good and it went great with the lager Sara brewed.

10 comments:

Meaner Dog said...

Ohhh...that pizza makes my mouth water.

Jen said...

m-dog...if you organize the frame just right on your computer, you can look at the pizza and the beer at the same time. that is a sight to behold.

Syd said...

You weren't kidding when you told me that y'all made a KILLER pizza!! Holy HELL, that looks good.

eb said...

Beer, pizza and cribbage... that's a good combo indeed.

sageweb said...

Pizza looks great and it is great you have such a great partner. I am sure it makes life all the way around a ton better.

Jen said...

Syd- I don't joke around about food!

eb- just putting all those words together in the same sentance makes me want to do it all over again to night

sw- sara is a peach....what more can i say? ;)

weese said...

ok see... this is joyful.

instead of bitching and moaning - you found the good. and Sara picking up the slack is what being 'partners' is all about. (here I mean partners in the real sense of the word, not the contrived sense --where we not only love someone (and lust after;)) but we are partnered with them... makes life easier, happier, and evidently ...tastier!

Jen said...

Well said...how did we get so lucky?

Meaner Dog said...

What sauce did you use? What all is on it besides tomato, black and green olive?

Jen said...

M-dog,
The pizza (in all its glory) was homemade dough, Pesto, good hard salami, fresh mozzarella, sauted chopped onions and garlic, tomatoes and olives