Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Big (BIG) News!!!!

Ok...its high time we told people this bit of information. Its seems selfish to not share our upcoming joy.

We are getting a new dishwasher!

You heard right, NEW. Not Craiglisted, not scratch and dent, brand stinkin' NEW!

We are (I am) having trouble deciding which brand to purchase. I have perused Consumer Reports, The Green Buying guide, numerous local Memorial day sales, and consumer reviews....but the fact remains, there is no sure thing.

So here is what we want: Quiet, cleans well, Energy star qualified, in the $5-600 range...pretty basic. Why does it seem so complicated?

Regardless, I can't wait...I love this kind of strategery and planning.

5 comments:

Syd said...

It's a sign that we're getting old when this is exciting. But, I share your joy.

We bought a Bosch last year. It's so quiet, we can't hear it running, and the dishes sparkle.

weese said...

I am quiet and clean well. My wife tells me I am cheap.
We don't have one. Never did in this house (20 years). Now that the kids are gone/going why bother now.
That said - I do get pretty excited about new appliances.
I have also found customer review to be very helpful. I know the sears site has them.

SassyFemme said...

Quiet is very good. Ours is not quiet at all.

Jen said...

Syd-Bosch is on our short list...glad to hear you like it!

Weese-Sounds like your lovely wife enjoys you too much to lend your dishwashing skills to us... So our quest continues.

Sassy-Quiet is number one on sara's list!

sageweb said...

Mine is real quiet, I have no idea what type it is though...it is back with buttons and stainless steel. It was in my house when I bought it. See I am very helpful.