Tuesday, July 22, 2008

200th post



Yesterday I was going to blog about my Kick-A-from-scratch Mac and Cheese. I was going to brag about how its one of the reasons Sara loves me so much.

But I decided not to post about it because I sounded too boastful and superior.

It would have been ok though, because tonight I cooked us a spaghetti squash. Yup, boiled it for 30-40 minutes, right in the skin. I was excited! So excited to have SPAGHETTI SQUASH! Yum!

Too bad it turned out to be a melon.

Ah. The universe and its great equalizing sense of humor.


*** In my defense: Can you tell which is which?

8 comments:

Syd said...

OMFG!! That is hilarious. I can see how that could be easily confused though.

How did it smell after being cooked?

Jen said...

Sweet, it tasted ok too, but the outter inch or so was complete mush...and the seeds had bled this orangy color.

I had vacillated between cutting it and baking the halves or boiling it whole, but boiling is shorter. I like to think I would have figured it out sooner if I had cut it open.

Emphatik said...

Congrats on the 200th post. I am really surprised that you would boil a melon. There are much better things to do with melon. : ) They deserve to be treated with kindness and TLC.

sageweb said...

That is so funny..I wish I could have seen the look on your face when you cut it open.

Jen said...

You would have had plenty of time to look...it took me a good couple of minutes to figure out WTF was wrong.

LostInCO said...

let's see the melon is on the right, and the squash on the left??? maybe?

Jen said...

Oh, Sorry Lost! Its the other way around!

Maya said...

That is too funny! I must admit the melon and squash look almost identical. Did it come from a CSA share, and that is why you didn't know the identity before?
I'm sticking with mac and cheese when I eat at your house. ; )