Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sara and Jen Photo Contest - One: Nature in the City

We take two cameras on vacation with us. It prevents 'discussions' about what shot is best or who has a better amatuer eye. And at the end of the trip, we always have a photo contest.... judged by us.

This time, however, we have raised the stakes and are soliciting votes from the blogisphere. The winner of each category will get the priviledge of dancing around like a 6 year old, while saying "I won! I won!", probably while pointing and giggling. And the overall winner will get taken out to dinner at a restaurant of her choosing.... serious stakes in a city with so much good food.

This is the first of 4 categories. If you care to participate, select your favorite. Don't worry, there is a lot more feigned ego at our house than real ego...

The category for these shots is:
Nature in the City

A


B.

C.

D.

Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

cindy lund said...

C!

SassyFemme said...

D is my favorite of the four

Meaner Dog said...

I'm having a difficult time choosing between A and D. I like both, but the vividness of D really captivates me. BTW....I always like seeing the photo's you two post.

Nick said...

A, of course. Clearly.

Syd said...

I loooove A.

Trop said...

A all the way.

(I love cemeteries)

Emphatik said...

A is the best, i love the smog laden air in the background. Mmmm city air.

sageweb said...

I am going for A but love D..it is very artsy. A is mysterious.

weese said...

A.
for me the ethereal quality of the light plays with the solidarity of the background. the effect eases the hardscape creating negative space within the strong chiaroscuro of the foreground. the monochromatic green helps to draw the eye to and from....

oops...sorry - those art school critiques come right back...

Jessica said...

D!

Kate said...

I like letter B best of all!

Ellen said...

I vote for A.
Although I like C a lot, too.

Eva said...

A & A (Me & Yuan)

Debra said...

I like 'em all (I'm a Gemini, I'm allowed). But if I MUST chose - A.

eb said...

Since this is a nature shot contest I'd have to go with A.

Tho, I do love the artsy, D. But it's not a nature shot, it's a cityscape.

Maya said...

This is hard... I'm voting for A though. The light in the photo is lovely - and I can see it being a peaceful spot under the big tree - even though you can see buildings and cars are nearby. D comes in next for me - very much a juxtaposition of nature creeping into the middle of the big city.
Good luck to both of you!

Salty Sea Port said...

A.