Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Scientist Summer Camp

Dear Family,

Its my fourth day at camp, I can't believe I only have two more days! Everyone here is really nice. They like to talk about the same things I like to talk about AND they are really funny and cool!


The planned activities have been very informative and I am getting lots of fun ideas of things to do when I get home, and I am making new friends that can help me get those ideas started.


During the afternoon break yesterday we went to a lake (see attached photo). It was very pretty. I didn't see a moose. Today we are hiking up a 'mountain'. The mountains here look a lot like the hills we have back home.


I am looking forward to the next two days here, and I am also looking forward to our vacation afterwards. Don't send me any cookies, we don't have a mail office here, but if you can get me a good dark beer, I would appreciate it.


Love, J

4 comments:

SassyFemme said...

At first I thought your title said Scientologist Camp. LOL

sageweb said...

"Today we are hiking up a 'mountain'. The mountains here look a lot like the hills we have back home."

That cracked me up...cuz I know exactly what that means. I was once in palms springs with my Mom and someone referred to the "Hills" as mountains...my mom said..it looks like a dumptruck dropped a bunched of dirt and made a hill.

Jen said...

sf- scientology? (shudder)

sw - The locals keep saying things like "its over 4000 ft high!" Its cute.

Syd said...

With so many nerds in one room, how do you know which one to pick on?