Monday, August 04, 2008

My platform...

I have three soap box 'issues' that I tend to go on and on about:
1. Hearing loss prevention (see comments here)
2. Plastics use and contaminants (I haven't bored you with this yet...on the blog, I probably have in person)
3. Cell phone radiation (see this post)

Ok, so for those of you that are interested, here is another article about a silenced researcher at our illustrious institution...I will condense it for those only mildly interested.
A) Use a wired ear piece
B) No cell phones for children.

Ok, go call your mom and tell her...

(And, this weekend, we emptied the closets and cupboards, sorted, reorganized and made a trip to Goodwill...ah, feel the purge!)

7 comments:

Maya said...

You convinced us on the plastics - especially with little ones in our house. You should see our waxed paper sandwich bags, glass food storage containers and stainless steel water bottles (for Chloe too). And Justin has a "Born Free" BPA free sippy cup (although I am also giving him water out of a regular glass cup at meals - good for oral muscular development to drink from an open mouthed cup). So thanks for ALL the info., and looking out for us!

Syd said...

Grass vs Grain fed cattle. You like that one too.

Warn me when you write about plastics.

Jen said...

I can't believe I forgot that one!

It ties into 'the evils of corn subsidization'.

The plastics tirade is percolating...I will keep you posted.

greymatters said...

I couldn't agree with you more, J.

So, too, I hate cellphones so it's just even that much more fun.

sageweb said...

Love cell phones...addicted..but I use a wired earphone piece, cuz the bluetooth sucks.

please tell me when you write about grass vs grain fed cattle.

weese said...

I am right there with you.
Tho I recently tried to use those ear muffs when I ride the tractor. I was not too impressed. whenever I turned my head they would shift slightly and the abrupt onslaught of loud noice felt more damaging than the constant drone. Also... if you have on muffs you lose some audio awareness of your surroundings - this makes me a little uncomfortable.

Jen said...

GM - I love it when people agree with me!

Sage - Will do...but Ms. Syd probably surpasses my knowledge in this area.

Weese - Ear muffs will always sound like fuzzy winter wear to me.