Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Profile of a Birthday well spent...

Sara started things right by taking the day off. A breakfast of kippers downtown with a friend, followed by shopping for a swanky new vest. She then came home, cleaned up and headed out for a massage. And when she got back she poured herself a beer and drew herself a bubble bath.

The special birthday straw made drinking in the tub a little easier... She was in there for over an hour...listening to her iPod and reading.

When she was finally done tubbing, she made stuffed red peppers for dinner (sausage, rice, chard, tomato, onion and celery). And that was followed by delicious ice cream and a movie 'The Outsiders'....talk about homoerotic undertones...whoa!

Thankfully, I had managed to find the gift I got her a month ago earlier this morning but she made me wait until after dinner to give it her!

...is it ironic that I had lost a compass? I must have done pretty well...she is too busy to talk to me or finish the movie.

In summary...I suggest everyone take a lesson from the Sara Birthday Book and treat yourself well on the day you came into the world.

(oh, and call your moms, they were the ones that did the real work that day)

7 comments:

Syd said...

It's funny as shit that you lost a compass!!!

Damn! Sara knows how to celebrate.

sageweb said...

She did it all right. I think I will take a day off to mimic her birthday...cept the cooking part. I will order out.

Glad she had a good one.

weese said...

hmm, i think i need a do-over

eb said...

Love the strategically placed bubbles.

LostInColor said...

she cooked? that is really funny you lost a compass.

SassyFemme said...

Sounds like a day well spent.

Maya said...

Way to be the birthday girl. : )