Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Patience...


You all are being so patient! It shouldn't be much longer now before we are allowed to divulge the secret of the century, the biggest news ever, the most exciting surprise in the WORLD!

(heh, with all that lead-in you may be disappointed when I finally get to spill the beans)

In other fun news:

1. I cried last night when the election results came in...and I thought McCain's speech was a class act. He truly loves his country and has seen enough leaders come and go to know that we can all come together despite a changing of the tide.

2. I ate a persimmon for breakfast this morning. I had to look up how to prepare it because I had never had one before...it was/is delicious!

3. Its a date night! We are going to this lecture tonight, its part of the "Beyond the American Point of View" lecture series on campus. We will be feasting on fabulous, frugal Pho for dinner first! I am so looking forward to this talk!

10 comments:

sageweb said...

Wow you are orange...very nice...great night last night. I am happy. McCain did have a nice speech...

Syd said...

I cried too.

Kidding, I was drunk and watching reruns of Bones.

Did you get some grant money? Are you moving? Those are my guesses.

I can't believe you haven't told me, btw. [pouting]

roro said...

I can't believe you haven't told Syd either! What's the news?????

weese said...

you may think we are being patient... but me - not so much.

weese said...

are you moving to CT?!!??
because then you could cut down those trees for me. :)

Maya said...

I regained some respect for McCain with both his concession speech and the sketches I saw from his appearances on SNL from last weekend. In my opinion, though, good riddance to Sarah Palin. And HELLO Barack! Now if only we had done so well in the election for everyone's civil rights. It is hard to be patient for that. And for your secret.
Spill the beans! (You are adopting a puppy? You AND the Obamas). : )

Maya said...

By the way, love the lovely photo of Sara.

frank said...

I really like your new background color. As for crying...did you see Jesse Jackson in the crowd at Grant Park? What this must mean to him, I can't imagine or feel, but I will never forget his face - almost more moving because he was just one of the crowd. What is the big news? I'll take the answer off the air on my personal email.

LostInColor said...

WHAT? WAIT SOME MORE??? UGH!!!!!!!!

Maya said...

la la la la. We're waiting...