Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Three P's

After the rally, and after I got some work in, we had a good old fashioned weekend of fun!

It started with dinner at the Pink Door, with P and E. It was fabulous! Its long been on my list of places to go while in Seattle, and it delivered! We had a lovely two hour meal, drinks, an appetizer, bottle of wine from P&E's private stash, fabulous food that no one wanted to share, followed by sampling two delicious desserts and some coffee.

After dinner, we strolled up the hill to the Moore Theater to see Paula Poundstone. I was only familiar with her from the "incidents" in the late 80's and marginally from 'Wait, Wait, Don't tell me'. She was funny, really funny. Like my cheeks hurt from laughing funny! I had no idea that I was going to have that much fun...it was actually the main component of Sara's X-mas gift from me.... now I feel like maybe I enjoyed it TOO much and she get her something else!

Finally Sunday, we were up and at 'em by 9:15 am to head out to the Pineapple Run! Its a 5K fun run with obstacles. Your team of four must start and finish together and carry a pineapple through the course. Our team pretty much kicked arse...we didn't see ANY of the other teams in our heat when we crossed the finish line! (lets not analyze that sentence too much, ok?) One obstacle was a tube you had to crawl through...for some reason, I was speedy at this. Sara's tree climbing experience came in handy and Em&J ended the race with stamina to spare!


The food served after was meh, so we headed out the nearest taco bus on the way home. Good times!

I have to go help Sara bottle beer...I think this might be the last one before she brews the Superbowl Keg.

4 comments:

SassyFemme said...

The Pineapple Run sounds like a riot!

I haven't heard Paula Poundstone in years, but used to like her.

sageweb said...

I love the Pink Door...I try to go there when I am in town. Very nice. Sounds like you had a swell weekend.

LostInColor said...

Why isn't the pineapple in the picture? Sounds like a great weekend! I would have loved doing that 5k!

Jen said...

sf - The run was a blast! I think you would have gotten a kick out of Paula too!

sweb - Twas Swell!

lic - We mashed the pineapple open on a stop sign and ate it with our hands (and faces) while waiting in the food line. Obstacles make any 5K more fun!