Friday, December 19, 2008

And then it turned to ice....

Its really slick out there!

Ask me how I know that at 3:30 in the morning ...go ahead...

Sara got called in at 2:30 am today... to sand, salt and chip ice off of the stairs before work... then during actual work hours, cut down some trees they might otherwise lose if Seattle gets the ice storm that is predicted.

Being a terribly light sleeper anyway, its useless for me to lie in the warm cozy bed while she gets ready to leave... So, I got up, made her some eggs, packed her a lunch and a mid-morning snack (mid-morning is 9am for all you night owls).

Now I am sitting around reading blogs, hoping to get tired again. It might happen.

I brought work home today, so I shouldn't have to go out in the ice. But it also occurred to me that I can walk to my masseuse's office...as can the masseuse. This means if other people cancel I could fill their spot and they can have my end of December spot (or I could keep it too). And it will be a great day to go to the post office, pick up some stocking stuffers for Sara and we need more eggs.

Ok, I will venture out and run a few errands! Its decided!

Hm. I suppose I have to wait until things open.

6 comments:

Syd said...

This post was so cute, in a number of ways. Made me smile.

BTW, If you bust it, I hope we'll hear about it.

Jen said...

Biting it will definitely be blogged about! However, I won't be telling Sara about it right away if it happens. God knows I don't want an 'I told you so' Lecture!

SassyFemme said...

Called to go to work at 2:30 in the morning? Ugh! You are a far better wife than me to get up and get stuff ready for her. I probably would have rolled over and gone back to sleep.

sageweb said...

What a great wife you are!! I need someone like you. Any sisters?

Jen said...

Sage - Three sisters but none that are "funny". Sorry.

beth said...

Hey Sara, I was on the UW campus today and your trees looked......cold.