Monday, December 22, 2008

Souped-Up Agenda?

From my brother...who apparently is more up on these things than I.
Dear Campbell Soup Company,

I am writing to thank you for risking the wrath of the religious right by advertising in "The Advocate". I read that the American Family Association is trying to organize a letter writing to protest your advertisements, so I thought I should send in a word of support.

My sister and her partner are experiencing unusually snowy weather at their home in Seattle, so I'll be sure to let them know that my wife and I, living in generally frostier Pittsburgh, always find that Campbells Condensed Tomato Soup is a great way to warm up on a cold winter day. We will also send them our recipe for quick chicken curry, which we make with Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup.

Our family recognizes Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup as an excellent product, so it's nice to know that the Campbell Soup Company recognizes our family as customers.

Sincerely, (Jen's Brother)
So, if you have a minute, send an email to: douglas_r_conant@cambellsoup.com noting your appreciation to Campbell Soup Company for including all families.

I actually went to the AFA site and changed their letter to be upbeat and supportive. That should throw them for a loop!

4 comments:

weese said...

ok - these people are out of control now.
do they not want us to eat soup anymore?
sheesh

Syd said...

Go brother! Very cool.

I'm in.

Nick said...

Thanks to the attentive staff at www.thestranger.com/slog for bringing the soup issue to my attention, and the inattentive staff at my office for letting me bring it to yours.

But seriously, the soup's good stuff, cheap, and surprisingly not sugared up. Stirring in some curry paste results in a very convincing base for pseudo-Indian food. I recommend it with peas and chicken over rice.

Emily said...

Minestrone and noodles! Oh my! Hope you checked the "yes" for the pastor option. Sheesh.