Monday, January 12, 2009

Memories...

We were at Grandmas this weekend, making more memories. Sara figured out who I learned "the brown word" from... proving that the women in my family are all from the same orchard. In familial defense, you have never seen two more adorable women with potty mouths than my grandma and I.

While at Grandmas, Sara and I picked up a few things that we are storing temporarily in Grandmas basement...to include my photo albums.

So, This evening, after a balanced meal, I sat on the floor going through old photos...missing the people that are gone, smiling at the memories of our times together, and being grateful for the life I have.

This is a photo of Grandpa (driving) taken before any of us, except for Nannan, knew him. I can't get over that these people, that were and are such a major part of my life, had major parts of their lives that didn't include me. But then again this photo was taken on my birthday, 28 years before I was born.

7 comments:

Maya said...

Boppa! I can't believe that photo was taken on your b-day - 28 years before it became yours. Kind of surreal... Yeah, we're working on our wills, and it makes me think of those who are gone. And that unless I die first, there will be others I too will miss one day. So not sure if this is the right place to write it, but I love you sis!

Nick said...

Thanks for the picture!

Syd said...

We need to have a cussing match. Me and my grandmother vs you and yours. Doesn't matter who wins, it would be hella fun.

weese said...

awesome photo.

Jen said...

Maya- right back attcha!
Bra- I will send more if I find them
Syd- You are on...with extra points for giggling and fibbing.
Weese- I love old photos, more so when I know the folks in them!

sageweb said...

Great photo..very cool to have stuff like that.
My grandma was great at cussing too. It always made us kids giggle cuz my mom had issues saying the word Hell, let alone the words that came out of my grandma's mouth.

Maya said...

Oh yeah, and maybe not the same caliber of swearing, but Jenn, I also remember Gammy yelling "Hellfire and damnation!". And cussing at other drivers while driving. Made me want to giggle. : )