Sunday, January 18, 2009

Not as soft your average scientist....

Sara and I spent this weekend pruning trees.


It may sound a bit silly to drive 5-6 hours back to the small college town we met in... just to prune 7 apple trees and 1 pear tree... but when an tough, funny 80+ year old friend counts on you to do it... you do it, and you are glad you did.


Besides, I needed to try out my new point and shoot... Unfortunately, Sara is an excellent crew chief and I forgot to sneak away to take many photos. The ones I did mange to get off are here. The pictures tell the story, we had a great visit and came back with some great visiting swag... elk meat, honey and home canned tuna! These folks know how to keep us coming back!

5 comments:

SassyFemme said...

That's really sweet that you did that for her.

sageweb said...

You two are very nice...love the photos. Why dont you take photos of that lovely little town you pass through, Centralia,,very scenic?

Jen said...

SF - She is a role model for both of us, its always a pleasure spending time with her.
sw - Lovely? Centralia? We clearly need a tour of the town off of the I-5 corridor!

Syd said...

Is it that time again? I love, love, LOVE that you guys do this.

eb said...

Very nice. It's always cool to have old friends who are older. Also, I'm glad you changed to the white background!