Thursday, February 12, 2009

The 3 minute update...

I am off to Baltimore for a meeting this Saturday, I will be giving a short talk there on Wednesday, so send me good mojo. I think I finally have made my complicated data simple enough to fit into 12 minutes. Practice, Practice, Practice.

Sara leaves on Friday to see the Fam, after which she will be unsupervised in the house all week until I return late Thursday. I am a little worried. You probably remember what happened last time...chaos and confusion...(shudder)...I fear more of the same this trip.

In other news, I got a grant. Its mostly a feather in my cap (especially in this funding environment). They are sending me money for research supplies, but no salary. It will be ironic if I can't find funding for my salary and have to find a new research position before I get to spend the supply money. Doh! Don't uncross your fingers for me yet.

Sara loves, loves, loves her new job. She is constantly telling me what a bad-arse she is...does my heart good to hear it.

Speaking of love, I so heart my new washer and dryer. I am fighting the urge to post a picture of them. But they are so beautiful.

Ok, keep an eye on Sara for me while I am gone...

6 comments:

sageweb said...

Very cool...hope you do well in the City of Baltimore..hey isnt that where the Ace of Cakes dude is? Charm City Cakes..that should be your first stop.

Good luck on your grant.

Tear it up Sara!

LilliGirl said...

OMG! LOL! I just found your blog recently, and Sara, well done! How could you resist causing chaos and confusion? That is something J would do to me. I love it and think it's hysterical!

greymatters said...

I am pea-green with envy -- Baltimore is such a fun, rich, great city. I hope you have a grand time (and don't worry too much about the possible chaos in your absence).

CONGRATS on the grant! Fingers crossed that it plays out ...

weese said...

why o why would you ever fight an urge to post a pic.
c'mon... you know I'll love 'em.

Maya said...

Jenn, congrats on the grant. Not easy to get those these days. And my fingers are crossed. Both hands. That is too crazy to have a grant for supplies only at this point. This economy is the pits!
Happy traveling to you both.
Love, Maya

Maya said...

Oh yeah, and DO post a picture of the washer and dryer. We do want to see, believe it or not.
And Sara IS a bad arse, for sure. ; )