Sunday, June 14, 2009

Nehalem Bay

We went camping this weekend. Well, Sara calls it camping, I call it 'staying in an RV'. It was the first time I have stayed in an RV... ok, the second time.

The first time I was 9, my Great Aunt Tennie and Great Uncle Leonard came to visit from Texas. I went to stay with them in the RV and forgot clean underwear. That was also the first time I remember going to a church. I was fairly certain God knew I didn't have on clean underwear. And if God didn't know already, Aunt Tennie would have been the first to tell him...she certainly wasn't shy about telling all those other strangers. The whole experience was terrifying to say the least.

But, This time around was fabulous! I am still not sure I understand the appeal of the high-density campground, but I now fully understand the convenience and luxury of the RV!We met up with friends from Oregon, C and F, and their young-uns, A (who is BIG now) and C (whom we had not yet met)! There were fires, smores, kite flying, hide and seek in the dunes, books, food, naps and crafts. Big fun! Photos are here.

5 comments:

sageweb said...

Great pics..you have a great eye. It is called Kiteboarding..very popular down here.

roro said...

Oh my goodness - that looks like effing HEAVEN! Such gorgeous photos. Also, for the record, staying in an RV totally counts as roughing it. For me, "camping" is "staying at the Holiday Inn" - it's all about degrees.

PixieFlute said...

You always take the most beautiful pictures.

RV would be camping, definitely. Hell, Motel 6 is camping to me! :)

Jen said...

Sage, Kiteboarding! Thanks! Have you tried it? Are they harnessed to the kite? Does the kite hold its shape?

Roro, HaHa! True its all about degrees and what we thought was normal as children. Now, go make me more movie.

Pix, RV camping was definitely fun I had not experienced before, I am looking forward to 'camping' again!

LilliGirl said...

you can always make the distinction by calling them camping or RVing. lol The pic are awesome and it sounds like you had a great time. What a beautiful place