Saturday, October 24, 2009

Back in the Superior (Soggy) PNW

A week long vacation with family...and I survived.

In fact, I did MORE than survive, I had a GREAT time! We kicked our trip off by meeting Grumpy Granny and her special friend for a beer, they were (as I posted before) a delight!

And the beer at the Shamrock Brewery was a great start to our Colorado Brewery tour. We managed to visit four breweries in 3 cities while site-seeing.


We didn't just drink beer all week, we took breaks to visits the Pagosa Springs Hot Springs...sometimes three times a day. I am SOLD on hot springs now, it was so relaxing! I cannot wait to do it again.


The real reason for the visit was Sara's niece...she turned two last week and we were down to celebrate. I made Sara and her matching pajama pants. Girly snuggly flannel ones...

and UofW Husky pants. Guess who got a potty for her birthday? Might be hard to tell from this picture...
And the entire visit was great. There was an amazing B-day cake, a little fall color left, fresh snow fall on the mountains and general amusement at 'hanging out' 8000 feet above the elevation we live at...today, we are heady from all the extra oxygen.

There are pictures posted here.... a spare 50-some...whittled down from 250. Thank me later.
Sara is sick now. I am in denial about being sick. I suppose its a good thing we still have one more day to recover before heading back to work.

Damn, I wish I were back soaking in those hot springs...

10 comments:

Grumpy Granny said...

Oh, what great photos! I LOVE the glasses on the bar and the aspen. You are a great photographer, and we have been seriously checking out the G10, thanks for the info on that!

Sorry to hear Sarah is sick and hope you don't succumb. Yes, hot springs are great, and I'm sure there must be some closer to you than Colorado. I feel a Google search coming on.

When you come back to CO, we can go to the Desert Reef hot springs which is only about 20 miles away from us. It's one of our favorites!

Oh, also loved the matching PJs! Great idea!

Take care,

GG

psu.acoustician said...

Man, those hot springs look fantastic...

and

So that's what Colorado looks like without snow...

Syd said...

That does look relaxing. Is that Sara with her head in the potty? LOL

Feel better soon, girls.

sageweb said...

I hear if you stick your head in a potty you can get sick...just sayin

Maya said...

Omigosh, looks like a fantastic trip! So did Sara and niece share the farm cake? (I am super impressed by the crafty baking).
Back in the "pre-kids days" Herb and I found hot springs near Crater Lake. They were great, but I think the ones you were in in Colorado look superior...

e said...

Great pics! You two certainly know how to have fun. The spa looks amazing, the breweries tempting, the niece adorable! What a great getaway!

Feel better! We'll see the sun sometime this week, I think...

jelly said...

New reader...very nice, fun photos.

:-)

roro said...

Oh my god, you are KILLING ME with those adorable matching pyjama pants!!! So awesome. Looks like a fabulous trip - hope you both recover soon!!!!

J at www.jellyjules.com said...

What a lovely trip you had. :) The idea of hot springs while there is snow in plain sight is delicious.

That niece of yours is too cute for words.

frank said...

Nice photos. Sara certainly seems interested in every aspect of her niece. Perhaps you should have included some 'movement' photos.