Sunday, November 29, 2009

Gobble Gobble Gobble

Well, I'll be...!

I have never really understood that phrase...I guess its supposed to finish with '... a monkey's uncle' and imply surprise... which is exactly what its meant to convey in this context too. But doesn't being a monkey's uncle imply retro-evolution? I guess that would be a surprise!

But, back to the point...Thanksgiving I (Friendsgiving 2K9, as my cousin Liz calls it) and Thanksgiving II (a subset of family) both came off swimmingly.

[yes. Swimmingly. Its my new favorite descriptor]


Little parting party-goer gifts were prepared and displayed.... (this recipe doesn't double, by the way...gave me a little scare when I thought I wouldn't be able to salvage it)


Food was prepared...particular thanks to our neighbor, whose stove we used for cooking the turkey and heating the soup... that was a life saver!

And thanks to this lady for all her help in the kitchen and for bringing amazing veggies! There is a meager amount of pictures posted here. Not as many party pics as I had hoped to snap... but let me tell you, it was a blast! Who knew dinner for 17 wayward lesbians would be such a delight?! (I borrowed this pic, thanks C for the photo-documentation)


These two ladies were among those attending...you can bug them for details if you like... There were some hysterical stories told by a certain someones mother... god damn it was funny!

I can't wait until next year!

But it didn't end there...dinner #2 (for only 4? I scoff at those small numbers!)

Smaller, but significant. It was my first time hosting the parents. Yes...the payback for nearly 40 years of hosting holidays has begun...and its long overdue!



And, as it turns out, they are as delightful guests as they are hosts! Dinner, company and conversation was fabulous!

I took Sara out for a special breakfast at Denny's this morning...she rode with me to drop Dad at the airport at 3:30am.... is it any wonder that she is the thing I am most thankful for in my life?

7 comments:

Syd said...

Are you just about partied and hosted out?

Both look really nice, btw.

zuhn said...

And the hottie in the glasses is who?

Jen said...

Syd, Yes. When can I come to your house and you can host me?

Zuhn, If you are out this way, we will arrange a meeting....

Lachlan said...

We had a tremendous time, and really enjoyed meeting everyone else. I wish I had had a tape recorder! Too many great vignettes.

Awesome food, awesome(r) company... perfect holiday. Thank you again, ladies!

sageweb said...

Very nice! Looks like you pulled off a great t-day!...I like the picture with the naked lady..

Maya said...

You guys are amazing! That's just the truth. Both meals looked scrumptious!
(And getting up at 3:30 a.m. to goon an airport drop off? that IS true love).
: - )

roro said...

Awww! What a fabulous looking celesbration!!! You are clearly hostesses with the mostesses.