Sunday, February 28, 2010

See-addle

Let's see... where did I leave off? My mind has been mush lately. Many big things.

Job hunt, current position wrap-up, various volunteer activities, Grandma care, and remembering not to freak out. I have been consumed.

One thing that happens when I am preoccupied like this, is that I stop sleeping in. Meaning, I don't sleep past 6am on the weekends anymore. When life is chill, I can make it to 7 or even 7:30am some weekends.

Jen's Irritating House Rule #1: I am not allowed to wake Sara up on weekends... until 8am.

Actually, I think the rule is: I am not allowed to wake Sara up on weekends. I might have added on that last little part as a favor to her. She would not want to miss the whole weekend by sleeping it away. So, making sure she is up at a reasonable hour is my way of telling her that I care.

Last weekend, I went down to the park below our place and took mediocre pictures of the sunrise. This kept me from watching Sara sleep. Man, if she catches you doing that...you do NOT want to be within ear shot of the tirade that follows!






Time to go home and turn on some lights and open the curtains...

I was going to give you an update of the other things we have been up to...but stress increases cell death in the hippocampus, which in turn affects short term memory. So you will all have to wait until the latest events have been filed into long term memory.

But, by then there is a good chance I will deem them 'old news' and not blog worthy.

4 comments:

zuhn said...

I made that same rule for The Stalker but she's terrible at following rules. Also, the staring at people sleeping thing is creepy. Poor Sara....

sageweb said...

Love the photos! I get up around 5 on the weekends..I hate to start a day off late.

e said...

Keep breathing, kiddo! You are obviously hanging in there...

Tell Sara to quit wasting the day in bed and get on the with the splicing ~ we can't wait forever.

Grumpy Granny said...

I can't sleep past 6 am no matter what. Working, not working, weekend, holiday whatever. I just wake up. Always have. I do about my business and Glena slumbers on till 8, 9 whenever she pops open her baby blues.

Ah, to sleep, perchance to dream...

Thought of you guys today when we had lunch at the Shamrock!

Job hunt? What's up??

GG