... I ended up in the ER a couple weekends ago. The wee pimple, turned prepubescent boil had matured into an angry abscess. As(s) you might have guessed, the offender resided upon my buttock.
For your reading pleasure, here are the highlights:
1. Oh my god. It went from size of pin head to larger than a golf ball in 5 days! Scary. Really, I should have gone in when it was quarter sized and painful 24/7... but(t) I thought maybe it would resolve on its own.
2. One blood culture came back positive for bacterial growth. Back to the ER for another round of IV antibiotics. The bruising from all the blood draws and IVs is now gone and I am no longer worried about being mistaken for an IV drug using rogue scientist.
3. Totally hot butch nurse. Enough said. (My family reads this blog, people)
4. Done with antibiotics, and only need to get the wound repacked every other day now...definitely on the road to recovery.
5. I have SERIOUSLY modified my butt pimple SOP (standard operating procedure). At least until the pain is distant memory, then I will likely be back to my previous shenanigans.
6. And speaking of shenanigans, Violet put a smile on my face by sharing this with me. As(s) you can see, very apropos.
7. Sara lobbied to take pictures but(t) I wouldn't let her. Gross, right? This from the woman who nearly passed out when she got a good look at it. Sheesh.
And for those interested, the work update: I didn't get THE job, but I have a good line on A job that will gain me some valuable experience too. And I am filled with confidence having made it down to the final two applicants...I believe this whole job-thing is totally do-able. Whew.