Monday, April 12, 2010

Oh my...

Holy Mackerel! So much going on this week!

1. Making progress on the paper that it was insisted I write. Thank goodness for kick ass office mates.

2. I am sick-ish. Of course. Because...

3. Thursday I have an interview. Don't get giddy people, its the first of possibly many. At the least, I will get the first interview jitters out of the way. Interestingly, its distracting me from another important thing...

4. Its my Birthday this week. I am actually extending it into a month long celebration because I can.

5. I almost cut the tip of my finger off with a #11 scalpel blade. My office mate glued it shut with Vetbond. I am in love with Vetbond. I hope I get some for my birthday.

6. I am KICKING my brother's ARSE in Scrabble right now! Seriously, the luck of tiles is with me. In my first 7 turns, I have FIVE (5!!!) bingos! And the two non-bingo turns were triple word scores. Schwing! (Sorry, Nick. but it is my birthday month)

7. And since its not always all about me, even in my birthday month, I am posting a picture of Sara and her boyfriend Matt. They went to more than one prom together. I hope he comes to visit soon, because he is one of only three people in my life with whom I can book concurrent pedicures.... and its nearly sandal season!

8 comments:

greg said...

Happy Birthday Month!!

#5 = ewww at the thought of glue (is vetbond glue?) in an open wound.

Syd said...

Hope you don't get full-on sick!

Vetbond? Never heard of it, but sounds like I need some.

My birthday is this month too. Go ahead and celebrate for me because I can't stand it.

e said...

Hey, Birthday month buddies! Yay for us! When is yours, Jen? And Syd? Mine's the 24th ~ I'll be 51... suck that!

Good luck on the interview. I'm sure you'll be fully employed in no time. And, woo hoo on the Scrabble scores! That is amazing!!!

Enjoy the month!

Maria said...

Happy birthday. I was born in January and always wanted a spring birthday.

scott said...

Hey, Happy Birthday month. Michelle has a similar philosophy regarding the duration of such celebrations.

Seems like I was going to say something else, but my hippocampus isn't what it once was.

roro said...

Happy happy birthday month! How did the interview go?? I'm sure you were brilliant!!

Grumpy Granny said...

Happy belated. Damn, I think every woman I know besides me was born in April. Seriously, there must be at least a dozen Aries women I know. Well, you're all in good company, so part on all month. That was my mother's motto (an April Fool if there ever was one!).

GG

frank said...

so what is your score so far in the game with Nick?