Sunday, April 10, 2011

End of days

Only a few days left in my 30s! I am looking forward to the fourth decade... It is certainly starting out in an amazing way.

1. I have a job/career/path that I LOVE (yes, I went perm just a few weeks ago). This is totally new and amazing for me... albeit, found later than life than one would expect or hope, it has been a fantastic gift that I still marvel about.

2. Sara. She still surprises me everyday! And I don't just mean the daily birthdays cards I have been finding (in the mailbox, in my workout bag, stuck inside my favorite section of the paper). She is just still so much fun!!! I love her most, truly.

3. Home life. Our place is great! We have made a few changes lately that have done away with little household annoyances and made home a nice and relaxing place to hang out. Being out from under the scaffolding helps enormously as well.

4. Adventure and activities. This isn't an area that has ever really needed improvement. I am always excited about the next thing on our dance card.

There is room for improvement, as there always is. And I am optimistic about being at place in my life where I can begin to add more balance to a few things.

A. Family and forever friends. I have been pretty inwardly focused these last few years, and would like to find more time for seeing grandmas, sisters, brother, nieces, nephews and far away friends.

B. Retirement and savings. I have some catching up to do from grad school and a tight year last year. A plan is in place, of course.

Ok, I am done for now. I think a post without pictures is boring but I don't have any new ones to share. Look forward to birthday pictures though!

4 comments:

Emphatik said...

hopefully we can arrange a "far away friends visit". We miss you ladies like crazy. I hope we do get to see you soon. Maybe a phone summit is in order? Glad to hear all is well. Happy birthday month (i think, right??) If not happy month before your birthday month. I get confused about it cause i think Gaycation happened after you birthday last time me and J went. Sigh. Maine is nice but there haven't been any Gaycations in a very long time.

LilliGirl said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad your life is great!

e said...

Hey youngster! It sounds like everything is going your way~! And, I'm here to tell you that the 40's are an awesome decade! Really and truly. For me, it was when I realized that I like who I am and a lot of the self doubt fell away. Enjoy this phase!
Cheers!!!

greg said...

Happy 40th!! There is so much to celebrate - enjoy every moment of it.